- 30 ozs black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3 ears corn kernels (fresh cooked, cut off the cob)
- 2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsps shallots (minced, from one medium shallot)
- 2 tsps salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 9 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil (best quality such as Colavita)
- 1 tsp lime zest (be sure to zest limes before juicing them)
- 6 tbsps fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro fresh (plus more for garnish)
- 2 hass avocado (chopped)
- Begin by cutting the corn off the cobs.
- Cut the red bell peppers
- Rinse the black beans.
- Chop the cilantro (or leave it out if you don’t like it).
- Combine everything in a bowl.
- Add fresh lime juice, olive oil, garlic, shallots and seasoning.
- Toss and add avocado.
You can view the original article here on Yummly.